The publishers of the well-respected BMSC Study Guide for HCS-D Certification Examination have introduced BMSC Study Guide for HCS-O Certification Examination 2012 to help your clinicians advance their OASIS-C competency.
For clinicians who are serious about their career, the Board of Medical Specialty Coding & Compliance introduces the Home Care Clinical Specialist – OASIS (HCS-O) certification. This certification ensures they have demonstrated the ability to complete a comprehensive patient assessment accurately. Their knowledge goes far by CMS guidelines, and this certification places them among the very best in their field.
And as coders who are HCS-D certified can attest, there is no better way to prepare for a BMSC certification examination than with a BMSC study guide.
The BMSC Study Guide for HCS-O Certification Examination takes clinicians through the competencies necessary to master as they prepare for the HCS-O certification exam. It delivers OASIS assessment tips and sample test questions that have been reviewed by Ann Rambusch, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, one of the authors of the test.
This guide addresses OASIS items in the following areas:
- Patient Tracking and Clinical Record items
- Patient History and Diagnoses
- Living Arrangements and Sources of Assistance
- Sensory Status
- Integumentary Status
- Respiratory and Cardiac Status
- Elimination Status
- Neuro/Emotional/Behavioral Status
- Functional Status: ADLS/IADLs
- Plan of Care
- Intervention Synopsis
Plus, the BMSC Study Guide for HCS-O Certification Examination includes:
- Practice Questions – Increase your confidence level in taking the exam by testing your knowledge against HCS-O practice scenarios.
- Exam Outline – Review the concepts that will be tested on your OASIS exam, and make sure you’re familiar with all of the topics outlined.
- OASIS assessment tips – Get valuable clues to the exam questions.